Our dedicated team of cardiologists, exercise physiologists, registered nurses and dietitians provide outpatient rehabilitation for patients living with cardiac disease. If you’ve had recent heart problems, we will create an individualized treatment plan for you to help restore and improve your quality of life, both physically and emotionally.
We provide Phase 2 cardiac rehab services, serving patients recently discharged from the hospital and from the surrounding areas. Our exercise physiologists and cardiac nurses work closely with the attending physicians in the cardiovascular and cardiac surgery departments to ensure continuity of care.
Our program includes:
- Exercise monitoring
- Educational sessions about heart disease topics
- Educational sessions about nutrition
Benefits of cardiac rehab:
- Improve your cardiovascular endurance
- Learn how to manage your cardiac disease
- Reduce your cardiac symptoms
- Control risk factors like high blood pressure and cholesterol
- Help with weight management
- Decrease your anxiety or depression
- Increase your confidence and independence
*Patients must have a physician referral to start cardiac rehab
Conditions & Services
- Angioplasty and stent placement - carotid artery
- Angioplasty and stent placement - heart
- Angioplasty and stent placement - peripheral arteries
- Coronary heart disease
- Heart attack
- Heart bypass surgery
- Heart bypass surgery - minimally invasive
- Heart disease
- Heart disease - resources
- Heart disease and diet
- Heart failure - overview
- Heart transplant
- Heart valve surgery
- Stable angina
- Unstable angina
To obtain a copy of your medical records from UF Health Cardiac Rehab – Shands Hospital, please contact 352.265.0295.
Pay your billconsult our billing section.
Shands hospitals and UF Physician practices accept insurance from numerous providers, including Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, CIGNA, Humana, Capital Health, United Healthcare, Medicaid, and state and government services. For a full list of accepted plans visit our Insurance / Billing page.
Insurance acceptance varies between physicians and locations and is subject to change. To confirm that a specific physician will accept your insurance, please contact the practice using the telephone numbers listed at the top of the page. A representative will be happy to assist you.
Financial AssistancePatients who lack insurance coverage or are unable to pay their portion of the healthcare services they receive may qualify for financial assistance based upon their income level.
UF Health is tobacco-free
Help us maintain our strong commitment to patients and to promoting good health in our communities: please don't smoke, chew tobacco or use electronic cigarettes on UF Health-owned or -operated properties. Thank you.